Frizz-Free Hair Is Now A Reality With These Hair Care Tips
Say goodbye to frizzy, flyaway hair and hello to soft, silken tresses
They say that right after her smile, a girl’s most important accessory is her hair. Frizzy and dull hair can spoil your whole look even if you’ve spent ages perfecting that winged eyeliner, right? And unfortunately, it is not something that can be fixed in a minute with one quick swipe of a hair product. Combating frizz requires some continued tender loving care along with the right kind of products. Fortunately, we’re here to help you with that!
Let’s begin with the basics: What causes frizzy hair?
Lack of moisture
What your dry, frizzy hair really craves is hydration. When your hair care regimen does not give your hair enough moisture, they try to get it from somewhere else – like the humidity in the air. This is why your frizz becomes so much worse in humid weather.
Shampooing too much
While the correct shampoo can bring about a world of difference to how your hair looks, shampooing every day is never a good idea. Shampoos can strip your hair of its natural oils, leaving it dull, dry and frizzy. Shampoo your hair no more than twice or thrice a week to keep frizz at bay and prevent product build-up.
Too much heat
You may love your long, hot showers – but your hair doesn’t. The hotter the water is, the more your strands are stripped of their natural oils. Wash your hair with lukewarm water instead to keep it lush and shiny. Also, avoid heat treatments as far as possible as they tend to dry your hair out.
The chemicals in your hair products
What you need to combat frizz is hair products that will hydrate your hair from the inside, and not just sit on top of it to weigh it down with chemicals. Choosing the correct shampoo, conditioner, hair oil and revitalizer/ serum, therefore, becomes a very important part of your quest to combat frizzy, dry hair.
All of these factors and more come together to make your hair frizzy.
So how can you combat frizzy hair?
1. Choose a frizz –specialist shampoo free of sulphate and silicone: Try a frizz defying shampoo, one that’s powered by natural ingredients instead of chemicals. Silicone moisturizers do not get absorbed by your hair but instead sit on top of it, weighing it down and making it appear limp. Sulphates in your shampoo, on the other hand, damage your tresses by stripping them of their natural oils.
We recommend WOW Skin Science Frizz Defy Luster Shampoo. It is totally without sulphates, paraben and silicones. It has been formulated with natural biolipids derived from soybeans that are very similar to human hair fibres. These biolipids surround individual hair strands from root to tip, creating a smooth shield to minimize frizz and flyaways without weighing your hair down.
2. Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate: Along with a moisturizing (or even better, a frizz tamer) shampoo, we recommend that you opt for a hair conditioning treatment once a week to deliver a high dose of moisture to your hair. Trust us; your frizz-free, glossy hair will thank you.
We recommend WOW Skin Science Hair Conditioner. Totally free of sulphates and silicones, it comes loaded with almond, coconut, argan, and castor oils plus soy and wheat proteins to keep your hair looking their softest, silkiest ever.
3. Don’t use cotton towels: Wrapping your head in a cotton towel after shampoo? Give up the habit. Use a superabsorbent microfiber towel instead. It will keep frizz down.
4. Don’t rub, just pat dry: Do you squeeze, twist and rub your hair with towel? This creates friction. Friction creates frizz. Try simple pat drying and see how frizz gives way to silkiness.
5. Warm and cold, that’s the way to rinse: After washing your hair with lukewarm (never hot) water, we recommend giving it another rinse with cold water for extra cuticle smoothening and better frizz control.
6. Skip the straightener: Avoid heat treatments like curling, straightening or blow drying your hair as much as possible to keep your natural oils locked in and your hair shiny. If you must use a heat treatment, first apply a hair revitalizer or serum for extra hair protection.
7. Invest in healthy hair care products: Not just shampoo and conditioner, you should also include a good quality hair oil and hair revitalizer in your hair care regimen.
For hair oil, we recommend WOW Skin Science 10-in-1 Miracle Hair Oil. It contains 10 renowned natural active ingredients known to nourish hair – Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Sweet Almond Oil, Moroccan Argan Oil, Jojoba Oil, Grapeseed Oil, Safflower Oil, Bhringraj Extract, Vitamin E, and Rosemary & Tea Tree Essential Oils. An oil massage once or twice a week can work wonders in keeping frizz down.
For hair revitalizer/hair serum, we recommend WOW Skin Science 10-in-1 Miracle Hair Revitalizer. It is totally non-greasy, quick drying and contains several trusted and clinically proven hair loving bioactives – Extracts of Safflower, Amla, Horse Chestnut, Rosemary, Tea Tree & Lemon, plus Vitamins A, B5, B7, E & F. Use it as and when required (especially before heat styling) to save hair from frizz.